Thursday, August 14, 2014

Book Review - - Heart of Light by T.K. Leigh



***ARC Provided by the author for an honest review***

5 Stars!!

Have you ever read a book and thought "There is no way the author will ever be able to top that?"  Well, that is how I felt after I finished the Beautiful Mess Series by T.K. Leigh.  Boy, was I wrong...  I am calling it now... Heart of Light...BEST READ OF 2014!!

T.K. Leigh gives a raw look into the life of Jolene a victim of Human Trafficking, an issue that is happening everyday, not just globally but right here in the United States.  An issue that, of course you have heard of, but may not even be aware could be happening right next door.  She shows us the repercussions of what this disgusting crime does to its victims long term and I am only talking about the ones that are lucky enough to get away.

T.K. Leigh introduced us to Cam in A Tragic Wreck and I was 100% thrilled when I realized that this was his story!  (Not going to lie, as much as I loves Alex and Olivia, Cam always had a piece of my heart!!)  He is so amazing, soft, caring and empathetic.   The way he cares for Jolene, even from the beginning, shows how genuine of a man he is.  Jolene is far from an easy person to love.  She has been through so much in her life.  Enduring unspeakable things, living in fear that her past will catch up with her she finds solace in Cam.  Their bond is beautiful.  T.K. shows her readers that love can bring a person back from the deepest despair, it can give them their light back.

Heart of Light is a firestorm of emotion.  One paragraph you are sobbing as Jolene is reliving the horrors of her abuse while the next you are laughing at Cam and Tomorrow's banter.  There was never an emotion that wasn't perfectly presented through T.K.'s words.  She is a master at her craft and you can tell that she pours not only her heart and soul into every single sentence but these characters, these thoughts are her priceless gift that she so generously shares with her fans. She also gives us a nice little surprise towards the end of the story, a throwback if you will, that made me squeal with delight but it just shows how amazing she is at intertwining her thoughts.   T.K.'s writing style is second to none!  She absolutely captivates her readers with the depth and fluidity of her story.

My very favorite thing about Heart of Light was the twists.  I was literally on the edge of my seat through the entire story as I never knew what was lurking around the next corner.  This book is the epitome of Romantic Suspense.   There really wasn't anything about this book that I didn't like except for the fact that it's over but I guess all good things come to an end...

I'm not sure if my review even did this book justice but it is a must read.  I promise you that you will not be sorry.  Every word evoked an emotion, painted a picture and gave me a glimpse of a love story that will stay with me forever.  Thank you, T.K. for writing such a powerful story.  You are truly talented.




No comments:

Post a Comment